[mythtv] DVB drivers

Jon Burgess mythtv at jburgess.uklinux.net
Fri Jul 9 13:31:37 EDT 2004

Mark Howells wrote:

>Hmm, did this (tuned with tzap from one xterm and ran cat /dev/dvb/adaptor0/dvr0 > datafile in another) and get a zero length file - no data.  Frontend stays locked with snr:fefe signal:cece and ber:00000000.

Did you use tzap -r?
Otherwise I think it just tunes the frontend but does not setup the
filters to receive any data.

>However, the card works if I tune the card with tzap and then run dvbstream | mplayer ...
>
>Is this a clue - I guess I can start pulling dvbstream apart to see how it works... :(

Taking a dump of the stream from dvbstream should give you a what you
need anyway.

Specifiying "-v" on mplayer one or more times might show some useful
info about what MPEG info it finds in the stream.
I can't remember off hand but I think the data contained in the "00 00
01 b3" header contains something like the dimensions of the image,
aspect ratio etc.

    Jon