[mythtv] MythVideo + removable media question

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Fri Jul 9 14:59:07 EDT 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 21:22, Xavier Hervy wrote:
> Don't have camera and i just want to know how that is work.
> is the camera mounted like a usb drive ?

Yes. Most new digital cameras appear as usb mass storage devices.
There is also a protocol called PTP (picture transfer protocol), some
cameras use that and some let you select what you want to use.

The very old ones have rs232 only and I don't really even want to know what
protocol those beasts use :)