[mythtv] scsi, firewire drive and usb drive

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 14 15:28:57 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 15:00, Xavier Hervy wrote:
> If someone have an scsi drive or cdrom and a removable drive on
> firewire or on usb, I would know :
> In which /dev/sd? are scsi drive or cdrom
> In which /dev/sd? are  removable drive.
> For firewire user a file are create when you plug your firewire drive
> in /proc/scsi/sbp2/* can i know the name (it should be a number) For
> usb user, a file are create when you plug your usb drive in
> /proc/scsi/usb-storage-?/* can i know the name too
>
> I would like implement mediamonitor for firewire/usb drive. I have
> notice that the file create when you plug the drive give the /dev/sd?
> That mean if the file is "0", device is /dev/sda, if the file is "1",
> device is /dev/sdb. But i don't know if it's true even if you have
> cdrom / drive on scsi
> Xavier

I have an external firewire drive, plus a CD burner using ide-scsi
emulation.  The CD burner is /dev/scd0 (really IDE/ATAPI on /dev/hdc).
The FireWire drive is /dev/sda.  Sorry, I don't have any 'real' SCSI
drives.  Hope this helps...

'ls /proc/scsi/sbp_2' gives me '0'.
'ls /proc/scsi/ide-scsi' gives me '1'.

Contents of /proc/scsi/scsi:
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: WDC WD12 Model: 00BB-00CAA1      Rev:
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 06
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: CREATIVE Model: CD-RW RW8432E    Rev: 1.05
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Contents of /proc/scsi/sbp_2/0:
Host scsi0             : SBP-2 IEEE-1394 (ohci1394)

Module options         :
  max_speed            : S800
  max_sectors          : 255
  serialize_io         : no
  exclusive_login      : yes

Attached devices       :
  [Channel: 00, Id: 00, Lun: 00]  Direct-Access     WDC WD12 00BB-00CAA1

Contents of /proc/scsi/ide-scsi/1: