[mythtv] scsi, firewire drive and usb drive

Xavier Hervy maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Wed Jul 14 17:33:30 EDT 2004

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 July 2004 15:57, Xavier Hervy wrote:
>
>>Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

>>>I have an external firewire drive, plus a CD burner using ide-scsi
>>>emulation.  The CD burner is /dev/scd0 (really IDE/ATAPI on
>>>/dev/hdc). The FireWire drive is /dev/sda.  Sorry, I don't have any
>>>'real' SCSI drives.  Hope this helps...
>>>
>>>'ls /proc/scsi/sbp_2' gives me '0'.
>>>'ls /proc/scsi/ide-scsi' gives me '1'.
>>
>>Thx for your help. I don't think about ide-scsi emulation.
>>Can you tell if you plug before nooting your computer ? if so, try
>>the same thing without plug the external firewire drive. boot your
>>computer and then plug the firewire.
>>Did you have the same result ?
>

> Yes, my drive is plugged in before booting.
>
> I *think* that the FireWire drive gets /dev/sda even if I plug it in
> after booting.  I will try to remember to test that when I get home.

I don't *think* that. My external drive can be plugged in firewire or
usb. when i plug first in firewire and after in usb i have
/proc/scsi/sbp_2/0
/proc/scsi/usb-storage-0/1
if plug firts in usb and after on firewire
/proc/scsi/sbp_2/1
/proc/scsi/usb-storage-0/0

then i think than can be change for ide-scsi too
Xavier