[mythtv] vps once again...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 22 16:02:34 EDT 2004

maestro wrote:

>i'd like to know if anyone has made any
>attempts to include vps support into mythtv,

I don't think so.

>btw. does the hauppauge pvr 250 support vbi, as this is mandatory for
>receiving vps signals i hope it does.

Hans Verkuil has been doing a significant amount of work on VBI/VPS
support for the PVR-x50 cards using Chris Kennedy's patch series for
ivtv-0.1.10pre2.  I recommend checking out ck100b (
http://kmos.org/~ckennedy/ivtv/ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck100b.diff ) and
subscribing to the IvyTV ML's (
http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=73219 ) before getting too
involved.  You'll probably still have to do some work on Myth, but might
find that the PVR-x50 drivers are ready to go.

IIRC, Myth doesn't currently provide support for VBI/CC with the
PVR-x50's, yet, since the stable version of ivtv (0.1.9) doesn't support
VBI.  Therefore, to get the patch accepted into Myth, you'll have to at
least consider drivers that don't support VBI and have a plan for
ensuring that the new code doesn't interfere with users of the stable
driver (or cause a flurry of "why doesn't it work for me" questions on
the list).

Mike