[mythtv] Anyone feel like fixing mythgame?

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Jul 22 17:23:05 EDT 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 04:59 pm, Allen Rohner wrote:
> > Someone just emailed me off-list saying that this new version breaks
> > mythgame's parsing..
>
> I was just about to email about fixing some other stuff in mythgame.
> Does anyone know what changed to break the parsing?

I didn't really look at it, but it appears that the -listinfo option has gone
away.

> I can look at it, but no promises.
>
> The other issue I was interested in fixing is the arguments list in
> the game setup. There are a bunch of input fields for mame
> (screenshots path, high scores path, cabinets path, etc), but no field
> for any extra options. Rather than creating an input box for every
> possible option, why don't we yank all the fields except for the
> binary location, and create a box to enter in any additional options?

Well, it's more user friendly to have UI elements for the available options.
I really don't have too much of a problem with yanking that all out, though,
since it does add a lot of complication to the code, and tends to break with
different revisions of xmame/etc.

Isaac