[mythtv] recording profile combinations

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jul 22 17:25:48 EDT 2004

> Really would be easiest for you to go through the source -- the settings code
> constrains all values to legal ones properly, and you'll want to copy that
> exactly if you're going to reimplement things.

gotcha, so nothing stored in just one spot.

> I don't really think the codec settings belong in mythweb.  I certainly don't
> want to have yet another thing to have to update whenever something minor
> changes in the main code, and this is a situation where getting out of sync
> could seriously break things for people.

Yeah, although it shouldn't be too hard to deal with if not many changes
are going in.  My problem is that I want a way to look at all of the
options within "software encoders."  I have a tendency to end up with
default, live tv and high quality all being pretty close to each other,
and it's slow work to copy these back and forth from livetv while
testing, and the transcoders group once I establish a good set of
parameters (since I want my cut commercials not to get reencoded at
different bitrates)

However, if you feel that it'd be too much stress to maintain, I'll stop
working on it.  I just figured that there'd be some easy struct
somewhere that described what each thing did, since in the database it
just seems to be name/value pairs.

-Chris