[mythtv] [Announce] Experimental DVB patch.

Kenneth Aafl°y lists at kenneth.aafloy.net
Sat Jul 24 18:23:40 EDT 2004

On Saturday 24 July 2004 16:47, Charlie Brej wrote:
> Ok Its compiled and I have managed to extract the teletext pids for some
> channels from scan. How do I activate teletext / switch between audio
> streams?

I'm pretty sure you have figured it out already, but just to recap:

Most of the items I'm working on at the moment is available on the OSD menu.
The Teletext / Streams / CAM should be readily available if you are using my
patch. Teletext is also available on the shortcut key TOGGLETELETEXT, which
defaults to 'T'. When in Teletext mode, you can enter numbers which will be
displayed in the top left corner of the Teletext window. You could also use
the Left/Right keys to jump 10 pages forward or backwards, or the Up/Down
keys to move to the next or previous page.

Now, there is a lot missing from the Teletext code, if you want to help, here
is some hints:

	- For display of pages look in osdtypeteletext*, for the decoding aspect of
	  it, look in vbidec*.
	- If you are experiencing language specific character problems, have a look
	  at VbiDecoder::CharConversion().

TODO List (this is pretty much copy/pasted from my own knotes):
- Teletext:
	- Intergrate/merge the old and new layer. This also would imply making a
	  extension for the NuppelVideo format.
	- Double size/height font.
	- First time page update.
	- Clock updates.
	- Drawing of Mosaics.
	- Store and navigate subpages.
		(Hold mode not necessary)
		- Transparent background.
		- Double height page.
	- Strip teletext from recording
	  + send teletext from backend.
- OSD font color.
- CAM menu input.
- Fix CAM notifications, was broken, disabled.
- DVD/DVB Subtitles
- Make the audio/video/... stream selection display a language.

Kenneth