[mythtv] Translations

Daniel Savard dsavard at cids.ca
Sun Jul 25 00:50:56 EDT 2004

I would like to contribute to the French translation of MythTv (the
current one is incomplete, horrible and even sometimes Spanish is
displayed in place of French). So, if I understand, the files to modify
are those in the i18n directory with suffix .ts and the .qm files are
the compiled translations installed in the MythTV appropriate i18n
directory when installing.

My question: How do I compile the .ts files to produce the .qm files? (I
supposed I was understanding properly the NLS system. I don't know Qt at
all. So, this hypothesis maybe wrong. Please, provide me with some
advice on this.)