[mythtv] OSD flicker

Nick Hall mythtv-dev at nickh.net
Mon Jul 26 19:04:49 EDT 2004

Hi,

When resuming a paused 'live tv' session, the OSD seems to flicker quite
a lot if you happen to unpause it at the wrong moment - if the playback
is resumed right on a second boundary (or close), the code which
recalculates the 'number of seconds behind' count, can cause the OSD to
flicker between 'X seconds remaining' and 'X-1 seconds remaining' for a
short while.

I'm not that familiar with the code, but at tv_play.cpp:1116, there
appears to be a loop counter check which appears to determine when to
update the OSD - it's currently set to '20' - increasing this to (e.g.)
100 seems to make the flicker less severe.  Does changing this
potentially impact anything else?

I'm running on a EPIA MII 12000/PVR350, latest myth CVS, ivtv ck100i -
have checked the lists but couldn't see anything obvious.

Cheers,
Nick