[mythtv] Built in DVB epg support

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Thu Jul 29 18:26:07 EDT 2004

On Thursday 29 July 2004 20:18, Charlie Brej wrote:
> John Pullan wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > The second strand of the idea, would be to update the channels by
> > visiting each channel and collecting the data for each one (I believe
> > <snip>
>
> (I am pretty sure) You don't need to change the channels to get the guide
> for different channels.

Yup just tuning to one channel the full 7 day epg is coming down for all
channels using the tv_grab_dvb process.
Occasionally the epg info for bbc is missing when tuned to itv and vice versa
but you get the same effect occasionally with a freeview box.
I've got the tvgrab_dvb running hourly and it keeps everything fully
populated.

Ivor.

--
http://ivor.org - leylandii hedge -- http://ivor.it - technology