[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Eric Hattemer eric at hattenator.dyndns.org
Tue Jun 1 19:07:34 EDT 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

>Well, as soon as redhat puts out a distribution with 4.x, I wouldn't have a
>problem upping the minimum mysql version to 4.  Dunno when that's going to
>happen, though.
>
>Isaac

I'm glad you care enough about this.  From previous discussions on the
Fedora list, it seems mySQL 4 is not included because of a licensing
issue.  The license has changed, and if the license stands, it will
never be included in redhat.  However, I have a friend who now works at
RedHat, and he is confident that RedHat will be able to get MySQL to
bend or fork their license to meet redhat requirements in time.  For
now, though, it is wise to either stick to mysql 3 code, or detect if 4
is running and I appreciate that you are looking in that direction.

-Eric Hattemer