[mythtv] Mythvideo and UTF8 filenames
maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Wed Jun 2 04:11:09 EDT 2004
Lutz Mändle wrote:
> mythvideo 0.15.1 seems to have big problems with filenames in UTF-8
> convention, I have video files with german umlauts in my collection and
> their names are displayed incorrect in mythvideo, even it is impossible
> to play them via mplayer.
first at all, my /etc/sysconfig/i18n:
My database is in latin1
When i made in console :
mysql mytconverg -e "select title from videometadata"
it display : "La Mmoire dans la peau" instead of "La Mémoire dans la
peau", and mythvideo display "La M moire dans la peau"
if i correct it in database, then mythvideo display the good title.
an other information, if i made auto imdb, the list of possible movies
is shown with good characters.
then the bad conversion should appeared when we store metadata in database.
What can be interesting is to know who have trouble, with which config.
And if those don't have problem, if they are special characters in
metadata or not.
More information about the mythtv-dev