[mythtv] mythweb and special characters...

Pigeon pigeon at pigeond.net
Sat Jun 5 21:22:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

    It seems that there're some issues with mythweb when tv shows having
some special characters like single quote or double quote. I started
realizing this from the recorded programs (recorded_programs.php) page
whereby I got tv shows with a single quote in the name (e.g. "That '70s
show) and the "Show recordings:" drop down list just wouldn't work with
that show.

    I don't exactly know how php handles this kind of things, but what I
found out was $_GET['title'] actually contain the escaping single quote
in it and using that with the string comparison.

    I did a quick test by doing something like

    $_GET['title'] = preg_replace("/\\\/", "", $_GET['title']);

    and it seems to work. I imagine that might be some proper way to fix
this?

    Also like at the search page, say if I search for the string test"
it will give me the show with the string test", but the text in the
page's form will be replaced by test\", and if you click search again it
will think you're searching for the string test\", i.e. found nothing,
and also replacing the next search string to test\\\"

    Perhaps there's a way to avoid this?

    Thanks.

Pigeon.