[mythtv] mythfilldatabase failed and also destroyed by schedule!

Andrew M. Bishop amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 12:11:59 EDT 2004

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:

> I'm running 0.15.1 and mythfilldatabase failed last night.  In the
> process it also destroyed today's program data.  From the status page,
> it says:
>
> Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2004-06-06 04:08 and ended on 2004-06-=
> 06 04:08. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new data into the Gu=
> ide. This can indicate a potential grabber failure.
> There's guide data until 2004-06-17 06:00 (11 days).
> DataDirect Status: Your subscription expires on 08/23/04 19:12:32
>
> My EPG has no data it in for today..  So it missed some programs I had
> scheduled this morning. :(
>
> If it fails to grab data why did it destroy my schedules?

This is unfortunately the default behaviour of mythfilldatabase, it
wipes the existing data for the day it has just downloaded then
inserts the new data.

There is an option called --no-delete that will not delete anything
from the database unless it clashes with new data that has just been
downloaded.  This way if there is nothing downloaded then nothing is
deleted.

--
Andrew.
Andrew M. Bishop                             amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk