[mythtv] Channel change in EPG question

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 17:26:04 EDT 2004

>From: "J. Donavan Stanley" <jdonavan at jdonavan.net>
>To: Development of mythtv <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv] Channel change in EPG question
>Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:41:07 -0400
>
>My "P" (pause toggle) is mapped to my pause button..  The PLAY function (no
>default keybinding) is mapped to the play button on my remote.

Then maybe mapping "P" to both pause and play on my remote was
not my smartest possible move   ;-)

>You have three choices 1) Press the INFO button.  2) Press SELECT on a show
>that's in the future (the threshold for this is available in the guide
>settings).  3) Press the RECORD button ("R" is the default I believe)

I guess this falls under the category of "you learn something new every
day".  When I get home I'll try enabling the SELECT feature in setup to
allow changing channels from EPG if the program is not in the future.
>From the discussion this sounds like what I really want.  But the "S" then
"M" thing still grates on me   ;-)

>I watch Live TV quite often, as does my wife.  That's why I added the
>ability for select to change the channel.

I wasn't implying that noone else but me watches live TV.  It just
seemed like not enough people were using live TV to generate
feedback that I would have expected about the keymapping change.
I guess not knowing about your previous change would tend to
indicate that the reason for this is that everyone but me knows about
that feature.  As I said, I guess I was just being dense   ;-)

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll try it out and post again if I still have an
issue.

-- Harry O.