[mythtv] Mythfrontend hang with CVS

Stacey Son mythdev at son.org
Tue Jun 8 19:11:24 EDT 2004

Stacey Son wrote:

> Leo Weppelman wrote:
>
>> The next patch fixes the crash, unfortunately, the media monitor does
>> not work yet. It doesn't seem to sense mediachanges - and it _did_
>> 2 weeks ago :-/
>>
>> Leo
>>

> I think there may be a problem with the class inheritance or something
> here...

OK, Looking at the 0.15 release code the loop was introduced by a change
in MythCDROM::openDevice():

In 0.15 release:

   MythCDROM::openDevice()
   {
      if (MythMediaDevice::openDevice())
      {
        if (m_AllowEject)
            ioctl(m_DeviceHandle, CDROM_LOCKDOOR, 0);

was changed to:

   MythCDROM::openDevice()
   {
      if (MythMediaDevice::openDevice())
      {
        if (m_AllowEject)
            unlock();

Your patch should fix the looping problem but I don't see right off why
it is not sensing media changes now.    You could try changing the above
back and see if that, for some reason, fixes this.

-stacey.