[mythtv] mythfilldatabase failed and also destroyed by schedule!

Andrew M. Bishop amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 13:45:15 EDT 2004

Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu> writes:

> On Monday 07 June 2004 12:11 pm, Andrew M. Bishop wrote:
> > Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:
> > > I'm running 0.15.1 and mythfilldatabase failed last night.  In the
> > > process it also destroyed today's program data.  From the status page,
> > > it says:

> > > If it fails to grab data why did it destroy my schedules?
> >
> > This is unfortunately the default behaviour of mythfilldatabase, it
> > wipes the existing data for the day it has just downloaded then
> > inserts the new data.
>
> It's only the default behavior for the native DataDirect grabber.  The xmltv
> grabber will only clear data if it has data for that day and channel.

It looks like things have changed since I added the --no-delete
option, but I am still not 100% convinced.  If xmltv returns an
incomplete set of data for a channel the other programs for that day
on that channel will still be wiped unless the --no-delete option is
used.  It used to be the case that the data was wiped before any
checking that there is any new data.

If you use xmltv in a region where the downloaded data runs from 6am
to 6am (for example) then it is still possible to wipe a whole day's
worth of data and only replace from midnight to 6am.

--
Andrew.
Andrew M. Bishop                             amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk
                                      http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/