[mythtv] (Hauppauge DVB-s Nova / Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s) patch

Christian Höhle Christian at CHoehle.de
Mon Jun 14 11:16:21 EDT 2004

Hi all,

The problem with my cards was that i could never get a channel tuned with
mythtv (what always worked with szap). Output alternated between NO_LOCK and
CARRIER | NO_LOCK until max retry count was reached. Using the attached
patch, tuning works well for me.

I tracked down the problem to ResetDiseqc() in dvbdiseqc.cpp. I was able to
tune with szap and then start mythbackend which itself tuned correctly if I
commented out the code inside ResetDiseqc() (seems that szap initialized my
card the right way so that mythtv was able to use it). If I use
Diseq-Initialization code from szap, I can tune any channel well. That's
what is inside the patch.

Perhaps someone of the real mythtv-dvb-cracks could review that patch?
(I'm using Kernel 2.6.6 and the linuxtv-dvb drivers shipped with that kernel
as well as dvb-apps from linuxtv-cvs)

Cheers,
Chris