[mythtv] (Hauppauge DVB-s Nova / Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s) patch

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Mon Jun 14 11:50:33 EDT 2004

On Monday 14 June 2004 17:16, Christian Höhle wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The problem with my cards was that i could never get a channel tuned with
> mythtv (what always worked with szap). Output alternated between NO_LOCK
> and CARRIER | NO_LOCK until max retry count was reached. Using the attached
> patch, tuning works well for me.
>
> I tracked down the problem to ResetDiseqc() in dvbdiseqc.cpp. I was able to
> tune with szap and then start mythbackend which itself tuned correctly if I
> commented out the code inside ResetDiseqc() (seems that szap initialized my
> card the right way so that mythtv was able to use it). If I use
> Diseq-Initialization code from szap, I can tune any channel well. That's
> what is inside the patch.
>
> Perhaps someone of the real mythtv-dvb-cracks could review that patch?
> (I'm using Kernel 2.6.6 and the linuxtv-dvb drivers shipped with that
> kernel as well as dvb-apps from linuxtv-cvs)

What is the equipment connected to the card? Sounds like you only have a
single LNB connected directly to the card by the comments in the patch?

Also, have you tried the diseqc_type 1 (ToneSwitch) and 0 (ToneVoltageLnb)?
Most diseqc switches have compatability mode with ToneSwitch, and if you only
have a LNB directly connected to your card, you would be better off with just
using ToneVoltageLnb, since that gives much faster zapping.

Kenneth