[mythtv] A couple of mfd/mfe questions

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 14 14:32:51 EDT 2004

So, I thought I'd poke around and play with the much-anticipated mfd/mfe
framework.  I built the appropriate pieces and fired them up on my Myth
box, and lo! I had music :-)

Now, I'd like to be able to access the content from my home Myth box
running mfd from my work PC running mfe.  I use ssh port-forwarding; I
forwarded ports 2342 - 2345 from my work PC to my Myth box.  Using a
Java DAAP client (One2OhMyGod), I'm able to see the collection my mfd
is sharing and play tracks, but the client is very basic and gives me
no control over playlists or track ordering, etc.  Using jTunes4 or mfe
under the same setup, it can't even find the DAAP server (mfd).  Any
suggestions?

Sorry if this seems like more of a -users question, but since mfd/mfe is
still under heavy development, I figured this was a more appropriate
venue.  Thor, I'd love to help test stuff out and/or contribute some
code if I can get a workable setup.  I've got an iBook I can thrown
into the mix, too...

-JAC