[mythtv] Finally a trace of my problem

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Mon Jun 14 23:46:17 EDT 2004

I'm still having problems with the backend failing, but not always
crashing, during recordings. It usually fails during the second
recording. I seem to be able to make it crash quicker by watching the
recording in 'Recorded Programs' in Mythweb, and just keep refreshing
every so often.

Since I'm running Redhat I'm unable to use the normal debugging. Someone
suggested I use strace. I ran:
strace -t -ff -o ~/mythbackend.trace mythbackend

Once the backend seemed to fail I broke out of it (Ctrl-c). Anyone
willing to take a look at them and see if they can tell what might be
happening? They can be found here:
http://www.obrien-pifer.com/mythtv/strace

I'm running Redhat 9.0 with mythtv 0.15.20040525-1.

Any help is appreciated. If I need to do anything different please let
me know.

James