[mythtv] Mythgallery on 16:9 screens

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Tue Jun 15 10:23:48 EDT 2004

I assume that a few other people here have Mythgallery running on a
widescreen display, but with non-square pixels? eg 720x576 is the only
TV mode my FX5200 will do...

Obviously the gallery code is assuming square pixels when it displays
the pictures.  Any workarounds apart from hacking the code? (X is
already setup to know about the real aspect ratio)

In terms of changing the code, a possible "in" seems to be in the
(Gl)SingleView.cpp :: LoadImage function where it prepares the QPixmap.
Does this sound sensible?  Anyone know offhand what the function would
be to distort said Pixmap...?  There would need to be something similar
for the thumbnails as well I guess, but it's less noticible there

Thanks for any thoughts

Ed W