[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Jun 19 20:46:26 EDT 2004

> >Replied to your later commit off-list since I saw your commit email
> >before I saw this.  I'm assuming the HBO show was an old recording
> >or was it recent?  Recent ones should have their commflagged field
> >set to COMM_FLAG_COMMFREE in the recorded table which the new code
> >would have then ignored.
>
> It was fairly old,  I killed the backend and put that adjustment in out
> of fear it'd go through all the movies I've got saved from HBO.

OK, I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed setting commfree with my other
changes a while back.

For everyone else's info, I have also made mods in my tree to set
the COMM_FLAG_COMMFREE status on a recording when the recording starts
instead of waiting for it to finish.  This way even if a backend goes
down during recording on a commfree channel, the recording will be
marked properly.  I also made modifications to NuppelVideoRecorder to
not waste time doing blank frame detection during recording on commfree
channels.

Should get those mods into CVS sometime tonight.

--

Chris