[mythtv] cle266 XvMC support?

Herbie Hopkins Herbie at Hopkins.net
Tue Jun 22 14:30:14 EDT 2004

The unichrome drivers (unichrome.sf.net) now provide an XvMC extension
for the cle266 chipset which provides an IMO much cleaner way of
utilising the hw mpeg decoder than using libddmpeg. For instance there
is no need to run applications with root privileges to utilise said
driver.

Are there any plans to implement such code within mythtv? I would have
though that this would be semi trivial since support for nvidia XvMC is
already present. An example mp2decoder can be obtained from the above
site.

Support for via_v4l_drv/libddmpeg seems to be broken with the latest drm
modules from dri.sf.net and afaik there are no plans to fix this.
Moreover support for libddmpeg will probably be removed from these
drivers at some point anyway so I think would be worth adding such code.

Herbie.