[mythtv] RE: [ANNOUNCE] torrentocracy = rss + bit torrent + myth

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Tue Jun 22 18:23:54 EDT 2004

Aaron Longson wrote:

>     This plugin was inevitable.  People out there whining about it
>want to put the genie back in the bottle.  Sorry, but the filesharing
>communtity goes together too well with mythtv.  A handful of times
>mythtv has crashed and missed my wife's recordings.  My only recourse
>is to grap the episode from a torrent.

Filesharing is one thing, asshat law breakers are another.

>     I find it funny that media projects now live in fear of the MPAA
>or RIAA.

I find it funny that tools with nothing to loose should a project get
sued have the nerve to get all indignant.  Most of the developers, and
Isaac for sure, want as much distance between Myth and this tool.

Do you honestly think that *none* of the developers working on this
project couldn't have integrated P2P functionality?  Hint: We could
have, and didn't because we used our heads first.