[mythtv] segfault in Recording Priorities with backtrace

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Wed Jun 23 23:29:42 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 04:41:19PM -0400, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> I'd seen this while working on the new advanced screen, it appeared to
> be caused by not having a fully populated infoMap.  The driawing code
> for the UITextType apeears as though it should handle a nonexistant
> string fine but somehow non-existant strings aren't being seen as empty
> and it screws everythign up.  I'm looking into things now.

Earlier thie evening, I fixed (well, worked around, actually) a
segfault problem in viewscheduled.  PI::EditScheduled() was calling
SR::loadByProgram() when the SR was already loaded.

I suspect the root problem has to do with the recording options dialog
getting created again when a previous one was not torn down completely
or correctly.  I suspect this because instead of segfaulting,
sometimes the problem would show up as Qt errors about not being able
to connect to slots.

David
--
David Engel