[mythtv] Re: (Hauppauge DVB-s Nova / Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s) patch

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Sun Jun 27 12:56:02 EDT 2004

On Sunday 27 June 2004 17:22, Jörg Bakker wrote:
> On Friday 25 June 2004 23:36, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > On Monday 14 June 2004 01:22 pm, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> > > I'm no diseqc expert or professional, but could you check if a clean
> > > cvs version with the following patch would work ok for you?
> > >
> > > I can't see anything else different if you use diseqc_type == 2, except
> > > for the DiseqcReset that essentially only powers up the diseqc
> > > equipment.
> >
> > Was there anything from this thread that needs to be applied?

Not untill the real cause has been found, and a real patch has been made, as
my attempt apparently failed. The original poster never got back to me..

> Same here: NO_LOCK with DVB-S Nexus (full featured card).
>
> The patch from Kenneth on a clean CVS made no difference but the patch from
> Chris in the original post did work for me, too. I would vote for applying
> his patch to CVS!

What equipment do you have connected to your Nexus-S?

Also what if you put a return true; in the start of DiseqcReset, with my
patch?

Like this:
bool DVBDiSEqC::DiseqcReset()
{
    return true;
    struct dvb_diseqc_master_cmd reset_cmd =
       {{CMD_FIRST, MASTER_TO_LSS, RESET, 0x00, 0x00}, 3};

Kenneth