[mythtv] Can't we use Bugzilla on mythtv.org to keep things abit more structured?

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun Jun 27 21:28:20 EDT 2004

Morten wrote:

>I think it's directly *shameful*, that a project like this one doesn't
>have a structured way of sorting out the reported bugs. The mailing list
>we're all using here is just a huge "bomb list", where you don't know if
>people actually read your mails, and the mails just keep on coming in a
>looooong row with no overview at all!

Shameful eh?  How do you know there's not a lot of things going on that
you don't have a clue about?

>The thing is that nobody have the big picture of what's going on here!!!

No *you* don't have the big picture.  Your lack of information doesn't
mean everyone is missing out.

>And I don't give #%!* about the excuse that goes "Bugzilla reminds me of
>work", since it *is* a good thing to structure things a bit. (Just don't
>do it to death, okay!)

I'm pretty sure most folks don't give #%!* about what you don't give
#%!* about.

>I'd love to do some serious bug-fixing here, and coding the things that
>people really miss. -- It's just a shame that it's impossible to find
>out what people really want, and what's important.

Code what YOU really miss.  If you really want to write code for someone
else it's trivial to find user requests.