[mythtv] Ideas for high quality TV-out

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Mon Jun 28 21:00:43 EDT 2004

Robert-Paul Berretty wrote:
> As for the 'bob' deinterlacer, depending a bit on the scaler that you'd
> use, I do not think that this is going to really solve the problem without
> a frame blank sync. My guess would be that if you're displaying an odd
> frame at the even 'phase' of the video out, the playback would be shaking
> up and down at a rate of 50fps. Perhaps Doug can share how he solved this,
> since a solution there would also work for the XBox setup.

I did not solve this particular problem for PVR-350.  You will
definitely need some sort of vertical retrace synchronization; I have no
idea how that works on that card.  On nVidia you may choose the old
/dev/nvidia0 method (for old drivers) or the new OpenGL method (for new
drivers, though I'm working on solving a crashing problem).

>>> I'm willing to share the code I came up with for these tasks [bob
>>> deinterlacer], though >>> it's against a CVS that's several months out
of date.

> Pretty please, sugar on top.

It will certainly take me a few days; maybe not until next week.  But
I'll get to it.

-Doug