[mythtv] Can't we use Bugzilla on mythtv.org to keep thingsabitmore structured?

Morten mythtv at e-rasmussen.dk
Tue Jun 29 15:12:20 EDT 2004

Dudley Atkinson wrote:
> Well, are there any volunteers to run and manage bugzilla for MythTV?
>
> I can't because of other commitments, but I suppose someone with the
> time and energy could track some part of the bugs that way, even if
> it wasn't all-encompassing.  Time would tell if the bugzilla or the
> seat-of-the-pants way worked best....
>
> I suppose the lucky volunteer would have to track this list carefully
> and keep the zilla updated since many coders wouldn't (or so I've
> gathered).
>
> I'd like to see/use it - then I wouldn't think so many dumb things.

Well. Since I started the whole discussion, I'd be happy to dig a bit
into the issue.

I have my own webserver on a fast line, and could install Bugzilla there
with some minimal options enabled (in order to keep things simple).

I suggest that we try it first with some MythTV add-on module first, in
order to (yes) *try it*.

I'm not sure about who should police it, but I guess we'll find out
about that automatically (more or less), when it's installed and
running.

Personally, I'd be more than willing to do some serious work on
MythMusic, so that could be a good place to start... -- But that's just
my idea of a place to start. If other people wants to join it, and has
the perfect starting point (module), then its cool with me.

... further, Isaac Richards writes (just came in!):
> Funnily enough, I've had bugzilla running on mythtv.org for the past
> month or so.  I haven't had time to finish configuring things to my
> liking, though, so I haven't opened it up to general use.
>
> Of course, considering how utterly shameful it apparently is that I
> don't have a public bug tracking system for Myth, I'm not sure when
> I'll find the time to do so.

You have some config files or anything for Bugzilla to start with? -- It
could be a good place to start for an experimental installation of
Bugzilla. -- When it's working as desired, I'd be more than happy to
send you the whole config back again, so we'll eventually arrive at a
maximized production environment (a.k.a. "The Holy Grail")... Wohoo!

Cheers,
~Morten ;-)