[mythtv] Separation of GUI and information retrieval process in mythnews, mythweather, ...

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Mon Mar 1 03:54:50 EST 2004

Hi,

I live in a small country, so I have to write my own information retrieval
scripts for weather, xmltv, news ...So I have a suggestion that is also
probably acceptable from other standpoints...

I wish there would be separation between information retrieval process and
GUI functions (2 phase process: getting info in mysql, and then show it to
user). In this way one could use provided information retrieval code or
replace it with it's own, as long as it conforms to mysql format. In this
way, info could be also retrieved in bakcground, not hogging gui to wait for
info...

Thanks,

Robert.