[mythtv] developing MythXM module

Eric Macauley macauley at illinoisalumni.org
Mon Mar 1 18:44:07 EST 2004

Hi all,

I have a satellite radio through XM, and use their XMPCR device which is
a tuner which connects via USB to a computer.  It uses a simple set of
commands to change channels and retrieve channel info (channel name,
current song playing).  I have interest in developing a module for
mythtv called mythXM which would be a plugin to control an XMPCR device
via the myth gui.  Is there any documentation in regards to developing
myth plugins, and how to properly integrate them into the overall myth
suite?  I am new to Qt programming, but have some general C++ experience.

    Thanks,
    Eric