[mythtv] Suggestion: Workaround for ivtv bug

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon Mar 1 18:59:38 EST 2004

HI!

Every now and then it happens, that no data is coming from the
PVR-250/350. mytbackend waits 15 seconds and then gives up. If I then
try again (without reloading ivtv or rebooting), it works.

So, I would suggest, instead of trying once and waiting 15 seconds,
mythbackend should try 3 times and wait 5 seconds each.

The benefit for LiveTV would be little, but for recordings, it would be
a great advantage. Better a recording that starts 5 or 10 seconds later,
than no recording.

What do you think?

Thomas