[mythtv] [Patch] Database logging, etc - version 3

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Tue Mar 2 17:11:47 EST 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Monday 01 March 2004 06:16 pm, Matt White wrote:
>
>>Attached is my latest database logging patch (see my earlier messages
>>for details), with changes based on comments from the list. The changes
>>in this patch are:
>

> This looks pretty good, aside from one thing -- the Get[Num]Setting calls in
> MythContext::LogEntry.  Those'll add database hits every time LogEntry is
> called, and it'd be nice not to do that.  It should be possible to move those
> into the MythContextPrivate class for storage pretty easily.  Would you mind
> making this modification, then I'll apply the patch?

I just had a look at the MythContextPrivate class, and it seems pretty
straightforward.  However, unless I'm missing something, I can't see a
way that I can affect the 'private' variables in mythbackend's gContext
from mythfrontend (if a user goes into the setup and changes the
logging settings).  I'm probably missing something simple, but I can't
see an easy way to have changes take effect immediately without
requiring restarting mythbackend.

Any ideas?

Matt White                          whitem at arts.usask.ca
Arts and Science Computer Labs      University of Saskatchewan

I said, "Officer, what have I done?"
He smiled and said, "Boy, you're having too much fun."
	- Daryl Singletary..."Too Much Fun"