[mythtv] Next Scheduler Patch

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Wed Mar 3 07:27:40 EST 2004

I hear this a lot on this list but I just don't agree, for a number of
reasons:

a) I don't always know what is "good", most things I just encounter by
accident because while browsing the channels it attracted me more than
everything else
b) There are times that there is nothing on that you consider good and
you're just looking for an alternative to while away the time _now_
c) Here in The Netherlands the channels all seem to conspire to put
their best movies on at the same time, and I don't have an unlimited
number of TV cards, in fact I have only one
d) I don't have unlimited harddisk space either to just go and record
everything that I might possibily want to watch
e) Some TV grabbers only provide the most basic information (title and
start/end times) and nothing more, making it very difficult to make any
good decisions about what to record and what not.

So I don't mind that you and people like you don't need Live TV anymore,
but don't patronize us by saying that it's only because we haven't seen
the light yet. :-)

Cheers,
 -Tako