[mythtv] Suggestion for scheduler

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 4 11:49:32 EST 2004

On Thursday 04 March 2004 02:25, Henk Poley wrote:
> > Van: Thomas Börkel <thomas at boerkel.de>
> >
> > The "record this show at this time daily/weekly" feature only
> > works, if it's always exactly the same start time.
> >
> > We have some channels, that slightly vary the start time each time.
> > For example, one week, it starts at 4 PM, the next week at 3:55 PM
> > and so on.
> >
> > It would be very nice, if I could say: Record daily/weekly at this
> > time +/- 30 minutes.
>
> Yes, I had a hard time explaining that 'in this timeslot' means
> _exactly_ that timeslot. one minute difference and it won't be
> recorded. Currently this means ending up with 2 or 3 of the 'same'
> scheduled recordings, and accidentaly dropping one in a while when
> you forgot to check :-/
>
> And no, setting it to always record everything makes it record all
> the replays too. Yes, there are parts of the world where they are
> less strict with the kind of info.
>
> Changing the record this record this recording always button into a
> dropdown box with 'always'/'all evenings'/etc. would help too.

How about:

"Record when shown on this channel every {morning/afternoon/evening/
primetime/late night}"

With the times for the above being user-defineable.  So, maybe defaults
would be:

morning = 0700 - 1200
afternoon = 1200 - 1700
evening = 1700 - 2000
primetime = 2000 - 2300

and

late night = (> primetime || < morning) [not changeable]

-JAC