[mythtv] Suggestion for scheduler

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Thu Mar 4 14:12:50 EST 2004

Van: Joseph A. Caputo <jcaputo1 at comcast.net>
>On Thursday 04 March 2004 02:25, Henk Poley wrote:
>>> Van: Thomas Börkel <thomas at boerkel.de>
>>>
>>> The "record this show at this time daily/weekly" feature only
>>> works, if it's always exactly the same start time.
>>>
>>> We have some channels, that slightly vary the start time each time.
>>> For example, one week, it starts at 4 PM, the next week at 3:55 PM
>>> and so on.
>>>
>>> It would be very nice, if I could say: Record daily/weekly at this
>>> time +/- 30 minutes.
>>
>> Yes, I had a hard time explaining that 'in this timeslot' means
>> _exactly_ that timeslot. one minute difference and it won't be
>> recorded. Currently this means ending up with 2 or 3 of the 'same'
>> scheduled recordings, and accidentaly dropping one in a while when
>> you forgot to check :-/
>>
>> And no, setting it to always record everything makes it record all
>> the replays too. Yes, there are parts of the world where they are
>> less strict with the kind of info.
>>
>> Changing the record this record this recording always button into a
>> dropdown box with 'always'/'all evenings'/etc. would help too.
>
> How about:
>
> "Record when shown on this channel every {morning/afternoon/evening/
> primetime/late night}"
>
> With the times for the above being user-defineable.  So, maybe defaults
> would be:
>
> <snip>

I don't like this approach after all. I think MythTV should just match
based on string. We should be able display string-matched shows that are
more than X hours late/earlier disabled in the conflict resolution screens,
so the user can enable them if needed.

Though some sort of 'fuzzy logic' defining evenings etc. might help as a
way to determine what 'time-shifted' ;-) shows should be recorded anyways.

	Henk Poley <><