[mythtv] Next Scheduler Patch

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Fri Mar 5 00:20:33 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:10:06AM -0600, David Engel wrote:

> For most people, maybe everyone except you, I would hope the scheduler
> only takes a fraction of a second.  If it doesn't for typical users,
> I'd like to hear about it.

If it ever does become a problem, there are some very simple database
optimizations that would greatly speed up that part of it.  Specifically,
splitting out program.starttime and program.endtime into separate columns
for date and time.  That way, the scheduler query could use indexes for
them.

--
 - mdz