[mythtv] Mythfrontend crash - Watch Recordings Previeview andTranscode

Christian Hack christianh at edmi.com.au
Fri Mar 5 17:17:19 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Isaac Richards" <ijr at po.cwru.edu>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 3:10 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Mythfrontend crash - Watch Recordings Previeview
andTranscode

> On Friday 05 March 2004 09:34 am, Christian Hack wrote:
> > Previewing a DVB recording I get the attached stack trace 100% of the
time.

> > I notice it doesn't say segfault but rather SIGABRT.
> <snip>
> > This same recording also gives mythtranscode a lot of grief. It simply
> > allocates all the memory it can and then bails with an aborted message.
The
> > second attached backtrace is of that SIGABRT.
> >
> > I'm guessing these are the same thing though right?
>
> Yeah, same thing.  I've committed a quick bandaid that should stop this
from
> happening, but to fix it properly I would like to see the first 20MB or so
of
> the file.

Isaac, the first 50MB of the file is here:
http://www.hack.id.au/1007_20040304012400_20040304023000_short.nuv

If anyone other than Isaac wants to download it, please be gentle on my
128kbps upstream.

Don't make any inference from the first advertisement. The show as you can
see was recorded at 1:30am in the morning

CH