[mythtv] Another scheduler bug I think

Oscar Carlsson oscar.carlsson at home.se
Thu Mar 11 06:43:14 EST 2004

DE> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 02:43:17PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
>> Can I assume that you mean 300 seconds of post-roll for everything
>> and not 5 minutes end late time for 19:00 show on channel 3? If so,

DE> To me, the symptoms sound like the latter case is what happened.

Not  end late, global postroll. Normally if I'd had this show scheduled from the
beginning,  it  would all have worked and it would have started at 20:30. But it
seems like the global postroll can't be interrupted once it's started, right?

If  I  had  stopped  the recording first, _then_ scheduled the show it would all
have  worked, but I thought it would stop the first show automatically. Would it
have  behaved  different  if i set a higher priority? The postroll should have a
priority of like -99 or something, that could solve it.

>> Once the
>> recorder has started doing this, I don't think there is any provision
>> to truncate it in the middle.

DE> This is correct, but I don't think any provision is needed.  The
DE> scheduler doesn't really pay attention to post-roll.  All it does is
DE> start recordings.  The encoder will always try to run through the
DE> post-roll unless the scheduler tells it to start a new recording.

In  this case, apparently, the scheduler didn't tell it to start a new recording
wich would interrupt the in-progress postroll. As I said above, maybe a priority
of the postroll would solve it smoothly.

Hope I'm making sense, just got back from an exam, kinda tired.

--
Best regards,
 Oscar                            mailto:oscar.carlsson at home.se