[mythtv] Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3100 USB Port

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Sun Mar 14 20:27:35 EST 2004

There might be more info here:
  http://www.linux-usb.org/

Linux can act as a USB device. I don't know if the hardware in a
conventinal PC can act as a device though. If not there are a few USB
chips on the market with simple interfaces, it might not be too hard to
construct something. There would be a lot of uses for such a thing, for
one controlling PCs in a server room when they are in the openfirmware
or BIOS state. But I can't find anything online via google.

You could probably use one usb chip hooked to your parallel printer
port, instead of two chips with the tx and rx wires swapped. Another
option to look at would be those USB networking cables, if any of them
just acts as null modem, that could be really easy to program to act as
a keyboard.

-- Daniel