[mythtv] Recordings are starting late

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Mon Mar 15 21:22:23 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 12:06:52PM -0600, David Engel wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 11:19:16AM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > How 'bout just delaying the scheduler run if a program is starting
> > within X seconds?
>
> That's probably a good idea, but still it feels a little dirty in that
> its more work-around than fix.  How long should X be, 30 seoncds?
>
> Attached is a completely untested patch if anyone wants to try it.  I
> won't be able to test it myself until this evening.

After fixing the logic bug in my patch, it appears to do what was
intended so I checked it in.

I think the 30 seconds is too long and would like to get it down to a
more reasonable 5 or so by optimizing the DB query in AddNewRecords.
In additional to Matt's suggestion (which I'll leave to him), we can
get rid of an extra join and some conditionals by saving callsign in
the record table instead of chanid since that's what the scheduler
really wants now.

David
--
David Engel