[mythtv] Volume clipping problem and fix

Colin Cross colin at colincross.com
Mon Mar 15 22:06:30 EST 2004

I have a problem on one of my MythTV backends using an STB bt878 capture card, I think pulled from a Gateway.  The recorded audio clips terribly.  Changing the default record volume from 65535 to 32768 in NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp fixes the problem, but would probably screw up other peoples systems if it was put in CVS.  The correct solution (I think) is to add a per-capture-card configuration option for record volume.  I've started working on this, but before I waste too much time, am I missing something?