[mythtv] Mythfrontend dies (backtrace attached)

Andrew Mahone andrewmahone at eml.cc
Wed Mar 17 20:55:47 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:45:16 +1100 (EST), "Jon Whitear"
<mythtv at whitear.org> said:
> Andrew,
>
> Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I don't think that's the cause of my
> problem. To be honest, I don't know what PaX is - I certainly haven't
> enabled it in my kernel (unless it's a default thing) and chpax/paxctl
> are unknown commands on my system. Dmesg doesn't show anything new
> after a crash.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jon

As I said, it was a long shot.  PaX is a kernel patch that implements
non-
executable memory, and some other protections against buffer overruns and
related exploits.  The methods it uses disagree with some programs,
requiring the use of paxctl and chpax (depending on how the executable
was built) to mark the file so that protection is disabled for it.
--
  Andrew Mahone
  andrewmahone AT eml DOT cc