[mythtv] [patch] cle266 intra|inter_matrix fix

Kenneth Aafl°y ke-aa at frisurf.no
Mon Mar 22 13:57:23 EST 2004

Hi,

On Monday 22 March 2004 19:17, Curtis Stanford wrote:
> On March 21, 2004 01:52 pm, Kenneth Aafl°y wrote:
> > Here's a patch that fixes the improper handling of the *matrix tables in
> > viaslice hw decoding. Basically it was just copying half of the tables
> > and scattering the tables all over, very wrong indeed. I've also
> > corrected what looks like a copy/paste bug in mpeg12.c, but i'm unsure if
> > it's intended. If you choose to not apply the mpeg12 change, make sure
> > you do a 's/s->inter_scantable/s->intra_scantable' on viaslice.c also.
> >
> > This patch should improve display quality for viaslice hw decoding a lot!
>
> Hmmm, I had to apply this by hand and it made my picture much worse. Weird
> blocks and colors everywhere.

1. Why by hand?
2. Are you sure you applied it correctly?
3. Did you include the mpeg12.c changes?
4. If so, does it work without those and the neccessary changes to viaslice.c?
5. What hardware are you testing on?
6. What driver versions?
7. Could you make a short clip and upload it somewhere?

--

Kenneth Aafl°y
ke-aa at frisurf.no