[mythtv] Patch for PowerPC

Mino Taoyama mythtv at taoyama.com
Tue Mar 23 04:58:27 EST 2004

Gregorio,

I do have it working with a seperate PPC system.  I definitely would
like to get the patch to fix the frontend.  I'll work on making a patch
for the backend.

The CPU usage I'm getting on the 1.25GHz Dual G4 running both the
frontend and backend is around 130% as reported by top.  (This is the
sum of both CPUs.)

I have a front end only running on a 450MHz Dual G4 and top is
reporting about 30% usage.  The resolution is 640x480 with a 2200
bitrate.  The Altivec support seems to help.

Mino