[mythtv] osd menu items

Steven Cruysberghs steven.cruysberghs at tiscali.be
Mon Mar 29 01:56:31 EST 2004

Op zo 28-03-2004, om 20:04 schreef Joseph A. Caputo:
> Steven Cruysberghs wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I noticed that items that are not available on the mythsystem are shown in
> > the OSD menu anyway. You get to choose picture-in-picture even when you
> > have only one tvcard/system. Same when you set VBI standard to none the
> > Teletext option is in the menu anyway.
> >
> > Couldn't this easily be checked with a small database read before the menu
> > is built? Or am I overlooking something here?
>
> I thought I saw a commit message within the past day or two that
> addressed this issue... or I could be smoking something funny :)
>
> -JAC

It wasn't the smoking... :

Moved call to BuildOSDTreeMenu() in tv_play.cpp so menu gets created
    when it is shown since some items are shown/not-shown depending on
    current settings.

Had a look at the code and the Teletext/CC stuff is checked.
To make PiP dissappear from the menu would be more difficult than a
database readout because there can be cards in the database that are not
being used when a remote system is offline.