[mythtv] comparison of quality of output: pvr350 tv-out vsepia-m9000 tv-out

Adam Wood AdamWood at Xephi.co.uk
Wed Mar 31 04:09:43 EST 2004

> > the hauppauge wins hands down - no doubt about it. which is really
> > really sad! the quality of the epia is like a bad vcr, the
> pvr350 is
> > close to the original signal as to be almost indistinguishable
>
> Did you test this with a very recent CVS version of MythTV?
> If not, please try
> again.

Agreed, Kenneth's recent patches have worked wonders for the CLE266. I can't
tell the difference between my regular tv now without trying really hard.

> > using the epia would have meant a cheaper capture card and
> audio going
> > across the pci bus instead of out and in via the audio out on the
> > tv-tuner and audio in on the motherboard
> >
> > has anyone else tried this side by side comparison
> >
> > and just FYI
> >
> > the sound from the epia is delayed about a half a second
> compared to
> > the pvr350
>
> Not here...using alsa drivers with oss emu, btw.

Alsa here too, and no problems.

I think its worth giving your epia another try with the latest updates.

Adam