[mythtv] Video Conferencing Plugin

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sun May 2 07:46:27 EDT 2004

Op zondag 2 mei 2004 13:08, schreef Paul Volkaerts:
> I've spent some time developing a SIP based video conferencing plugin for
> Myth and development has reached a stage where I thought it was worth
> sharing a view on what I have and getting some advice on how to make this
> available.
>
> What I want to know is:  when I'm happy with this (say 4-6 weeks) how do I
> make this available for others?  Just zip up the code and post to this
> alias?

Well, "yes". Take a look at how other 3rd party plugins are provided. At the
very least you should include some README file to describe the thing a bit
and an INSTALLING file to say people need to enter ./configure and (q)make
and that sort of things.

Also... tar + bzip2/gzip are the recommended compression methodes under Unix
(but I guess you meant to say that). Normaly you compress the directory, so
people can uncompress it without files getting scattered all over their home
dir.

> There is a screenshot here that shows the rough layout.
> http://www.zen13655.zen.co.uk/mythphone1.png

Looks nice, keeps the same style as the rest of Myth.

> Features that will be included in the first cut:-
>
> - Voice and/or video calls between Mythfrontend's

Intercom alike?

My network config is maybe rather odd, I've got two 'broadband routers'
stringed together. My frontend upstairs is seperated by a NAT. So, does that
work with NAT's too?

> - Screenpops on an incoming call when your watching TV

PiP or just 'Caller IDs'?

> - Unanswered calls get routed to a VXML script which uses a Text-To-Speech
> engine to either prompt for voicemail or read out the TV guide and allows
> recordings to be scheduled using DTMG keys

Talking about myths...

	Henk Poley <><